Raspberry Custard Nest
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 basket of raspberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- 1 box of Apollo Kataifi shredded phyllo dough (only thaw what you will use in the refrigerator)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Whisk egg and egg yolks with sugar, do not make frothy!
- Add and blend heavy cream until smooth. Strain with a fine mesh sieve into a 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until set, do not over bake. There is heat that will carry over after it is taken out of the oven.
- Let it cool at room temperature or for a firmer texture chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Scoop custard into the chocolate cups place 2-3 raspberries on one side and baked nest on the other. Dust with powdered sugar.
- For the Nest: Bake enough for the amount of chocolate cups you will be serving. A little bit goes a long way with the shredded phyllo dough. Please follow instructions on the box.